Sunday, June 29, 2008

Living with strokes after 5 years

I just had my 5 year anniversary from the strokes. I kept looking back at what I couldn't do like walking, speaking, and writing.I have come so far. I still can't drive or work. I have a brain injury from the strokes. It's mostly processing. I still use the closed captions on the T.V. and it helps. You could call me Evelyn Wood ( speed reader)! Still have a problem with the phone because people speak so fast.I'm still practicing. I feel so blessed to have survived both the strokes and cancer.
I miss having my own place. Most of my stuff is in storage. I don't want a roommate at the age of 50. I don't have any friends that need to share an apt.
It was very difficult to get SSDI in Georgia. It's not a good state to get Social Security Disability. This state is so strict. Don't move here to get Disabilty.

No comments: